Free Health Insurance For Former Foster Care Youth Until 26
It is important to stay healthy and it can cost a lot if you get sick and do not have health insurance. You may qualify for free health insurance through the Medicaid Program in Pennsylvania until age 26 if you:
Were in foster care at age 18 or older in any state,
Live in Pennsylvania, and
Are under age 26
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
1. It’s FREE!
2. There is NO LIMIT to the amount of income you can have so you can SAVE YOUR MONEY.
3. You can see any treatment provider that takes your health plan.
YOU CAN APPLY IN THREE WAYS
- Online at: www.compass.state.pa.us
- By phone by calling: 1-866-550-4355
- In person at your county assistance office (CAO). You can find your local CAO here: http://www.dhs.pa.gov/citizens/findfacilsandlocs/countyassistanceofficecontactinformation/. Make sure you say you were in foster care at age 18 or older.
WHO CAN I CALL TO GET HELP WITH HEALTH INSURANCE?
Pennsylvania Health Access Network: 877-570-3642 x 712
Pennsylvania Health Law Project: 800-274-3258
If you do not have health insurance and need non-emergency care, here is a list of community health care centers in Philadelphia: http://www.phila.gov/health/services/Serv_MedicalCare.html.